Range of studies at the Leibniz Universität Hannover
You will find all of the Master’s degrees we offer on our Master’s Portal under Studienangebot (Information only in German language). Degree courses taught wholly or partly in English are labelled accordingly. You will find detailed information about each Master’s degree on the respective faculty’s website, much of which, however, is written in German. If you have any questions regarding course content, please contact the Specialist Advisors for the particular Master’s degree directly.
Residing and living in Hannover
A lot of questions usually arise before embarking on studies in a foreign country: where will I live, how can I finance my study abroad, what do I need to do to get a visa, what language skills are required ... The International Office at Leibniz Universität Hannover will provide assistance whenever you have any questions concerning studying and living in Hannover. It also organises numerous activities to help you get to know Hannover and North Germany.
If you want to apply for a place in a hall of residence, please directly contact the Student Services Hanover.
Application processes may differ from university to university. The following applies at Leibniz Universität Hannover:
- You must apply within the specified application periods
- In order to apply for a place on a Master’s degree, please apply directly to Leibniz Universität Hannover, not via Uni Assist
- Applications for master programs must be made direct at Leibniz University (and not via Uni Assist) via the online application portal
- Places are then awarded by an admissions committee, i.e. a group of professors and staff from the degree course concerned who examine each application individually
- You must submit proof of having completed a Bachelor’s degree in a related subject. In case of doubt, the admissions committee will decide whether or not the Bachelor’s degree is related to the subject concerned
- Some degree courses call for specific requirements, such as a letter of motivation, an expert opinion or internships. You can find out which supporting documents are required for the Master’s degree you wish to take in the Admission Regulations (written in German) or at the end of the online application
- Important: Most Master’s degrees require proof of German language skills because almost all courses are held in German language! Usually the level B1 is necessary for application and the level C1 (DSH2 or TestDaF 4 o.a.) is necessary to enroll. But for some master courses of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and for the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics you need only B2 for enrolment. Please send us a certified copy of the proof. Exceptions exist for our English master courses of study. Good German skills are not only important for enabling you to complete the course, they also help you to familiarise yourself quickly in the social and private sphere.
- For English master courses you need a proof of English language skills (certified copy):
- Advanced Anglophone Studies: B2, z.B. IELTS 6.0; Toefl 72
- European Master in Territorial Development: B2 (siehe FSZ)
- Geodesy and Geoinformatics: z.B. IELTS 6.0; Toefl 87; Cambridge Certificate (FCE) Grade A
- International Mechatronics: B2 (siehe FSZ)
- Meteorology, Optical Technologies, Physics: B2 (siehe FSZ)
- Economics and Management ( z.B. IELTS 6.0; Toefl 79)
- Other proofs of English languagfe skills are offered by FSZ.
- Applications from China and Vietnam: it is essential for Chinese and Vietnamese applicants who completed their Bachelor’s degree in their home country to submit an original individual APS certificate with their application. APS checks the applicant’s qualification for admission to higher education and the academic credits of Chinese applicants wishing to study in Germany. A group APS will not be accepted.
- Further information about how to apply for a place at Leibniz Universität Hannover can be found here.
If prospective international students have any questions regarding admission, such as evidence of language skills, they can contact the Registration Office of Leibniz Universität Hannover in writing or by e-mail:
Leibniz Universität Hannover
The Registration Office provides advice and information during consultation hours at the ServiceCentre of Leibniz Universität Hannover.